What types of information does Adria24 collect about its users
- Information given by the user
Information which the customer and user of our platform give us. This information can come from a number of sources such as:
- Forms (such as booking/request forms or when a user wishes to update his/her personal details) filled out through the website by the visitor
- The use and access of the website and its services such as; the accommodation search tool, the making or accepting of bookings, payments made by the user whether it be for a booking/request or additional and/or affiliated services
- Communication directly with the company (emails, messages and comments)
When a user accesses our website one or more cookies are stored on his/her computer. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters which uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies help Adria24 improve the quality of its service for its users, cookies allow us to do such things as; store and save user search preferences which in turn helps improve the user experience and also helps us to improve our site as a whole.
- Mobile Data
If accessing the site by a mobile/tablet device or if using our Croatian Travel Guide App we may collect, store and process different types of data about your location and other general information (e.g. IP address, zip code, and other GPS based functionalities on the mobile device). If you would rather not provide us with this GPS data, you can disable your devices GPS or other location tracking functions, provided your device allows you to do this. Please consult the device's instruction manual for these options.
- Log Data
Adria24 may also acquire, store and process Log Data. Log Data is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you operate or access the website. Examples of log data in this case include your IP address, the date and time you operated the website, the hardware and software you used to access the website, referral and exit page URLs, the number of pages viewed and the amount of time spent on those pages.
How Adria24 GmbH uses the information provided by you
Adria24 uses the information collected and processed for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access the platform.
- To operate, support, advance and enhance our platform, Adria24's business and our users experience, through analytics, research, advertising and marketing.
- To help build and support a safer environment on the site (e.g. through fraud detection, conduction of investigations, risk assessment and for verification of personal details etc.).
- To inform our users of updates, security alerts and other information requested by you, the user.
- In order to help in the administration of awards, contests or other promotional events handled by Adria24 or our business partners.
- To comply with our legal commitments, help resolve disputes and enforce agreements with third parties.
What information we disclose to others
Information we have collected on our users may be sometimes transferred, stored, handled or processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) including the USA.
Personal information which we have on you is governed by the following rules and will only be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- Adria24 GmbH will not forward on your personal information to any third party without firstly asking for your explicit permission.
- When making an accommodation booking/requesting for a booking, details such as your name, the number of people traveling, the arrival and departure date and other extra requirement details (such as the type of pet travelling with you etc.) will be made available to the accommodation owner. We will not share contact details or billing information such as phone number, email and/or bank details.
- You acknowledge and agree that Adria24 GmbH may access, preserve and disclose any information collected on you if required to do so by law. In such cases we will use commercially reasonable methods to notify you as the user about law enforcement requirements and requests.
From time to time we may also publish, disclose and use aggregated data and other non-personal information in order to carry out industry research, analysis, marketing, advertising and other business related tasks.
In cases where users have set their IP addresses as anonymous, in accordance with the Agreement of the European Economic Area, these users IP addresses will not be transmitted in full to Google but instead will be abbreviated before being transferred to a google server in the USA. Only in exceptional cases is the users complete IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is then shortened.
Your Adria24 Team.