Rovinj is a small romantic town located at the western part of Istria coast; it is one of the most developed touristic places at Croatian coast. The packed houses, narrow streets and squares surrounded with the Renaissance and Baroque monuments and churches are still preserved. In the Rovinj archipelago are many small islands, the tallest is Saint Andrija and Saint Katarina. Touristic season in Rovinj least whole year and during the summer different kind of organization which fulfill the touristic program are organized.
Read more »
According to the archeological findings at the area of Rovinj is possible to conclude that this area was inhabited in the Pre- history during the Histrian Rule. It was mentioned for the first time in 5th century as a Castrum Rubini which is located at the place of church Saint Eufemija. After the peaceful Rule of Roman Rule goes the Visigoths, Huns, Goths and Byzantines attacks which had inhabited the islands Mons Albanus, Saint Katerina, Saint Andrija and Cisaa. During the feudalism Rovinj had lost the bigger part of autonomy of old Roman municipality and inclined to a Rule which offers more privileges. In 1283.year Rovinj came under Venetian Rule, and stayed there many years. In 1947.year by the Paris pacification Rovinj became part of Croatia.